UNBAKED VANILLA CHEESECAKE WITH CHERRIES
125 g crumbled malt biscuits
75 g butter, softened
300 g cream cheese
60 g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp lemon juice
250 ml cream, whipped
500 g fresh cherries, halved and stones removed
100 g sugar
100 ml vodka
100 ml lemon juice
250 ml cream, whipped to serve
- Line a 20cm springform baking tin with tinfoil.
- Put the biscuits and butter in a food processor and pulse until well combined
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of the tin. Put into the fridge to set (approx 20 minutes)
- Using the food processor again, pulse together cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice until well combined and smooth
- Transfer to a bowl, and fold through whipped cream.
- Pour cheese mixture over the biscuit mix, and return to the fridge to set (approximately 3 hours or overnight)
- Put the cherries in a saucepan with the sugar, vodka and lemon juice. Bring to the boil and cook until cherries are beginning to soften.
- Remove cherries with a slotted spoon and set aside. Continue to boil juices until thick.
- Cool and add cherries back to the pan. Refrigerate until needed.
- To prepare the cheesecake to serve, remove the cake from the tin. Top with extra whipped cream and cherry compote. Garnish with a few fresh cherries and serve.