I have to fess up here: the highly talented Bunny Eats Design was the inspiration for this recipe and deserves credit.
This is a great recipe that Genie has developed, and I have messed with, as I do. It features L’Authentique Chorizo sausage, but if they don’t sell these where you live, any other good quality fresh chorizo would work equally well.
This is a super simple dinner to pull together, perfect for a week night family meal.
L’AUTHENTIQUE CHORIZO AND PRAWNS WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
4 x L’Authentique Chorizo Sausages or 1 pack of French Grind, formed into approx. 25 small meatballs
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
2 Teaspoons hot smoked paprika
440g can crushed tomatoes
20 cooked and peeled prawns
Bunch coriander or parsley, chopped
Salt/pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Cook sausages or meatballs until just cooked. Remove from pan and set aside. Slice sausages into 1cm pieces if using.
- Reheat pan over medium heat. Add onions and capsicum and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add garlic and paprika and cook for another minute.
- Pour over tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Return sausages to the pan with prawns, and cook until heated through.
- Stir through coriander or parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with rice or warmed crusty bread.